May 23, 2026
Evan and I walked down town for a bit this morning, picking up some groceries and things we needed. Then the four of us went to the Barnes Farmers Market for lunch. There were so many yummy treats and vendors. After picking up our lunch we went to the nearby park for a picnic. I had a meat pie and scotch egg, both very heavy, very carby dishes, but very local to London. Mom had a gluten free brownie and a cabbage salad and Evan tried a gozleme, a Turkish version of a quesadilla, along with a French potato and meat dish. Dad just picked at a little bit of everything.
We got to watch a wedding, the second of our trip, unfold in the park. After the park we walked the other direction in Barnes to a coffee shop. We explored this area and popped in and out of some shops.
We also visited a recording studio- apparently there are two big ones in London- one is Abbey Road- where the Beetles recorded, and the other is in Barnes. Unfortunately when we arrived they were doing renovations, but the restaurant owner next door gave us a peek at some of the artists who have recorded there over the years via a hallway that connects the restaurant to the studio.
After we headed into Central London to Buckingham Palace so mom and dad could see it up close. We walked through St. James' Park next door.
On this journey we learned (the hard way!) that much of the transportation lines were closed because of the bank holiday on Monday. We re-routed and had to use a paper map to find our way.
After walking back through St. James' Park we continued into Soho where we ate at a fish and chips restaurant. It was Evan's first time having this dish in London. While he enjoyed his meal, I think he was even more excited that this was the first place we encountered with air conditioning. Mom and I tried mushy peas with our fish and chips and really liked them.
After walking back through St. James' Park we continued into Soho where we ate at a fish and chips restaurant. It was Evan's first time having this dish in London. While he enjoyed his meal, I think he was even more excited that this was the first place we encountered with air conditioning. Mom and I tried mushy peas with our fish and chips and really liked them.
After dinner we met The Houlihans at Shakespeare's Head, a pub my parents went to last time they were in town to see Kassidy. We sat outside and enjoyed drinks with them. I tried a London cask ale. The description "warm, flat and bread like" was spot on. Glad I tried it. Don't need another. There was a gelateria right across the street so after parting ways with family we had Gelato before taking a London black cab back to Barnes. I very much enjoyed this ride because the 4 of us could sit in the back facing each other which made it more fun. The doors kept locking and unlocking which made us laugh because we weren't sure if we were doing it or if the driver was.







No comments:
Post a Comment