May 22, 2026
I was up around 6 and worked on my blog until 7 when the grocery store opened. Evan and I walked there and got some breakfast staples for our Airbnb and grabbed a coffee too. When we got back my mom, dad, Evan and I, ate breakfast together and then got ready for the wedding.
We took a taxi to St. Sila's Church in Penton, about an hour and 20 minute ride from where we're staying. We were early so we stopped at a little cafe across the street for a croissant and a coffee. The church had a beautiful free garden outside that we wandered through. When we entered the church, the woman giving programs said, in a perfect British accent, "I'm all fingers and thumbs" because the programs were sticking together. Evan has been quoting it ever since. The service was beautiful. The pastor came out of retirement to perform the ceremony because Kassidy and Nick had gotten to know him while attending services there. They even signed their marriage license during the ceremony with a real fountain pen!
After the ceremony we got on a double decker bus that took us around London- we stopped at Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, St. Paul'sCathedral, Big Ben.
I played bartender on the bus and got pretty good at pouring champagne while the bus was moving. #lifegoals
The bus dropped us at The White Hart, a venue with a lovely balcony overlooking the river. The dinner was REALLY delicious-- Evan and I ordered opposites and then split everything- beef carpaccio and a leek tart, a dill seasoned salmon filet and beef tenderloin tips, both with veggies and different style potatoes. After dinner were the speeches- my Uncle Ed and Kaylee did such a wonderful job highlighting their love for Kass and Nick. Nick's best man, funnily enough, lived in my dorm freshman year of college, and we had run into him 2 summers ago at another wedding. Now he was here. We joked that catching up post college meant running into each other at weddings every few years. Wonder whose will be next?
There was a piano player for the entertainment and he was really great. We sang and danced to his songs but also enjoyed sitting on the terrace enjoying the cool breeze. We ended the night with a walk home along the river. It was a beautiful day celebrating a beautiful love, one that I had a hand in creating. IYKYK












No comments:
Post a Comment